ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
Why ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems?
The ISO 14001 environmental management systems standard is designed for managing the environmental impacts of businesses regardless of size or industry. ISO 14001 is designed to help organisations systematically plan their operations to ensure they minimise their impact on the environment. It is one of the few management system standards which promotes initiatives that can save money from your organisation’s bottom line.
Purpose of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Systems
The standard focuses on:
- management leadership
- planning activities in terms of their environmental impact
- reducing pollution
- quantifying, prioritising, and controlling environmental risks and opportunities
- setting objectives and targets to improve environmental performance
- legislative compliance
How we can help
RKBC can guide you through the process of developing an environmental management system and support you through to certification and beyond. The management systems we deliver are tailored to incorporate your existing compliant processes and meet your requirements, those of the standards and legislation. We develop comprehensive management systems that are industry best practice, easy to maintain, and include all the documents and tools you need to make it work for you.
Benefits of our Management Systems
Your finished management system will provide:
- control over your documentation
- a system that is scalable and can grow as you do
- best-practice management system which is easy to manage and maintain
- a simple integrated process for the identification and management of environmental aspects, impacts, and opportunities
- a framework against which you can measure performance, demonstrate compliance and hold people accountable
- guidance and training material for your workers
- a clear picture of your organisational risks and the priorities
- a system that can easily be extended to include quality management or safety management
A certified ISO 14001 Environmental management system will:
- open doors to new markets such as local government and top tier contractors
- give you and your customers confidence in your ability to manage environmental risks and maintain legal compliance
- help protect the environment from the impacts your work has
- provides strong leadership in social responsibility
- creates a strong and resilient company rather than a legal liability
In short our process consists of the following steps which are undertaken at your preferred pace.
- understanding what you already have and what you need
- custom design of your management system
- implementation during which we provide training and support
- internal audit
- management review
For more details about this process read the certification process
On going support
We provide any ongoing support our clients need. Some examples of the additional services we can provide include:
- internal or 2nd party audits
- facilitating management reviews
- process re-engineering
- system extension
- tendering support
- guidance regarding software solutions
- cloud hosting of your management system (including SharePoint, dedicated GRC software, and more)
- remote data capture solutions.
If you’d like a fixed price proposal for our support then contact us.
Want to dip your toe in the water then try our Free one-hour consultation.